B2Gold’s technical team believes that the large Fekola project that is currently under construction and scheduled to commence production in October 2017, has the potential to host additional large Fekola-style gold deposits, and the Company’s work to date has identified multiple targets.
In January 2017, B2Gold’s construction team continued to develop Fekola. Significant activities included:
- Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) embankment - 100% complete;
- Plant reclaim and event pond - 100% complete;
- High-density Polyethylene (HDPE) liner installation at TSF - 22% complete;
- Phase 1b and 2 diversion channel east of pit - 100% complete, Phase 1a diversion channel - 100% complete;
- Stage 1 pit overburden removal continues, 800,000 m3 of waste stripped, 5,000 tonne of ore stockpiled;
- Concrete production site wide - 88% complete (24,739 m3), structural steel site wide - 69% complete;
- Structural steel at mill is 87% complete, mill cyclone cluster and trash screens installed;
- Piping and cable tray installation continues site wide, switchgear installation and terminations in progress at MCCs;
- Power plant concrete pours and steel erection continue, engines received and installed.